Almond Meal Faux Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookies are cookies. These are potentially vegan and gluten free.
It all depends what you grew up with – cookies faux or not faux are special treats!
Great to have a couple but not the whole batch.
Be sure to enjoy all treats – guilt free.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour/meal (faux wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup vegan (?) dark chocolate chips chopped
- 1/2 cup finely unsweetened (?) coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder aluminum free
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup organic (hmmm somehow healthier) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup the brine/liquid in a can of chickpeas – interesting
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract not artificial ! preferably from Madagascar mostly because I think it would be amazing to visit there.In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond meal, dark chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
To the aquafaba (chick pea brine), add the melted coconut oil and vanilla and beat or whisk to combine.
Add to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. You should have a firm, semi-tacky dough.
Loosely cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375
Scoop out 1 /1/2-tbsp amounts of dough and form into small discs.
Place on a bare or parchment-lined baking sheet with about a 1-inch gap between
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Be careful not to burn (especially on the bottoms). good grief
Cool for 5-10 minutes
Carefully loosen with a spatula.
Store well room temp for 4 days or 1 month in the freezer…LKND and the minimalist baker.com